Wednesday, August 22, 2007

what was he thinking?

I am married to a wonderful man. He is smart and funny and a wonderful father and husband...having said that i wonder how he would even get himself dressed in the mornings if left to his own devices! I seriously wonder how he kept a job before i came along. How can somebody who is so smart be so bloody stupid sometimes?

Last night for instance, i had left the food out for him from dinner ( he works late a lot and i feed the kids earlier to save me from going insane from their whining) He was puting away the leftovers ( bless his heart for trying) and was looking for the sandwich bags. I knew there was some in there since while i was making dinner i had grabbed one out of the box..it went like this

Hubby: where are the sandwich bags?

Me: bottom shelf on the right in the pantry!

Hubby: no they arent

Me: yeah they are...i just saw them there when i made dinner

Hubby: they are not there


so i get my lazy bum off the couch and go look in the pantry...sure enough i can't find any sandwich bags...now i KNOW i just saw them and it drives me nuts when i can't find things so i spend the next 10 minutes ripping apart my pantry looking for them...i come across an empty goldfish box so i go to throw it in the trash...sitting right on top is an empty sandwich bag box.

Me: hunny did you put this box in the trash ( i hold up offending box)

Hubby : yeah...i took the last one puting away the cheese.

I just stand there staring at him!

now i am thinking the better way to handle this would have been

a) tell me you used the last sandwich bag so i can put it on my list

b) or even better tell me and write it on the list yourself!

Am i the only one that would assume if i used the last of something and you have already looked that we have no more? Then again we are talking about a man who can't find anything even when it is right in front of him. It is not like i change where i keep things all the time just so he can't find them.

I love him dearly!!!

No comments: